liturgy, art, and culture

6.10.2008

a fresh start

this is the first official post on my blog. for almost two years i have teased the blogging world with various post and sites that always started with a bang yet quickly lost my interest. this will be different. this is a fresh start. this fresh start is not only a metaphor for my blog, but also my life. recently, my wife and i have accepted an interim youth pastor job in muscle shoals, alabama. in case your have not heard of muscle shoals, according ot lynard skynard, this is where they have the swampers. muscle shoals is about ten years behind my home town of atlanta, georgia when it comes to the innovations of post-modern ministry which is why this new project is so interesting. i find myself completely out of my comfort zone and as a post-emergent thinker in a traditional southern baptist church setting. while the methods here may not exaclty be our cup of tea, we have quickly fallen in love with the people and are excited to see how God choses to use our experiences in alabama. on this blog, you will hear much about our work in alabama and out life. while both of these are currently in uncharted territory, i am excited to see what God has planned. i hope you like my blog. check back often. i promise the content to come will be much more thought provoking than than what you find yourself reading now.

alex

2 comments: